Dr Ruth Payne
- Position: Associate Professor in Student Education
- Areas of expertise: Inclusive assessment; student induction and transition; the construction of gender; gendered discourses; classroom language and the language of school behaviour policies.
- Email: R.Payne@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 7118
- Location: B26 Michael Sadler Building
I completed my first degree as a mature student at Leeds, then went on to take a PGCE in English (11-18yrs) and began a short career as a teacher. My interest in classroom language emerged during this time and subsequently undertook my PhD 'Teachers’ use of face-aligned utterances and mitigation strategies in the classroom' in the School of Education at Leeds. I began my lectureship in 2012, and from that developed my interest in pedagogical research.
I have undertaken work within the Leeds Institute for Teaching Excellence on my work on inclusive assessment practices and student induction.
- Academic Integrity Lead
- Senior Personal Tutor
Inclusive assessment; student induction and transition; the language of school behaviour policies.<h4>Research projects</h4> <p>Any research projects I'm currently working on will be listed below. Our list of all <a href="http://www.njye5u.com/dir/research-projects">research projects</a> allows you to view and search the full list of projects in the faculty.</p>
Research groups and institutes