Mrs Barbara Waters
- Position: Senior Teaching Fellow in Fashion Marketing
- Areas of expertise: fashion marketing; fashion branding; product placement; use of brand names in novels; chick lit
- Email: B.E.Waters@leeds.ac.uk
- Location: 1.66 Clothworkers Central
- Website: Twitter | LinkedIn | Googlescholar | Researchgate | ORCID
I am a Senior Teaching Fellow in Fashion Marketing, specialising in fashion branding and promotions.
I hold a Masters degree in Marketing and a Bachelors degree in Textile Marketing and I am currently in the final stages of a PhD, investigating the use of fashion brand names in chick lit novels.
I joined the School of Design at Leeds in September 2015. Previously, I worked at the University of Manchester (where I taught Fashion Marketing and managed the School of Materials industrial placement and study abroad activities) and, prior to this, the University of Bolton (where I taught Textile and Fashion Marketing and had a number of cross-faculty and line management responsibilities). I also have industrial experience as a marketing executive.
I am a Chartered Marketer, Member of the Academy of Marketing, Fellow of the Textile Institute and Fellow of the Higher Education Academy.
- Programme Leader BA Fashion Marketing
My research interests include:
- Fashion brand personality
- Product placement
- The use of brand names in novels
- Chick lit
- MSc Marketing
- BA(Hons) Textile Marketing
- CIM Diploma in Marketing
- Chartered Marketer
- Higher Education Academy (FHEA)
- Textile Institute (CText FTI)
- Chartered Institute of Marketing (MCIM)
- Academy of Marketing (MAM)
I am the programme leader for BA Fashion Marketing and I teach a variety of fashion-marketing-related modules on the BA Fashion Marketing and MA Global Fashion Retailing programmes. I supervise both undergraduate and postgraduate dissertations in the fashion marketing area, and I am the placement tutor for Fashion Marketing students who are taking a Year in Industry, supporting them before, during and after their placement year.